photo courtesy of www.freedigitalphotos.net
Spinach Berry Smoothie Recipe
- Approximately 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 ripe banana (frozen sliced works best – slice and freeze your ripe bananas for smoothies)
- 1 cup frozen organic berries (blueberries are my favorite!)
- 1-2 cups organic spinach leaves or other leafy greens
- 1 scoop of Thorne Research Vegalite Vanilla protein (pea-rice combo)
- 1-2 TBSP of finely ground flaxseed or Chia (I use Salba)
- 1tsp ground cinnamon powder
- Optional sweetner: 5-10 drops of pure liquid stevia for desired sweetness.
- Enough water, coconut milk, almond milk, or rice milk (no dairy, please) to cover all the other ingredients – more or less depending on thickness desired.
*use water for lower calorie option OR ½ water and ½ coconut milk or almond milk
For my smoothie, I also add 50billion cfu's probiotic, 6grams of l-glutamine powder and free amino acids.
Process everything in heavy-duty blender until you get thick velvety smooth milkshake and enjoy!
Makes a great breakfast or post-workout meal!