One of my favorite year-round snacks from Ela Family Farms is their Apples Aplenty dried apples. Hits the spot for a delicious healthy snack at bedtime with a cup of peppermint tea! And I can get them at the local Whole Foods market year-round. They also make a combo dried peaches and apples but my favorite is the Apples Aplenty sweet & tart apple combo.
So here's what you've all been waiting for! My mouth watering low-glycemic gluten-free peach cobbler recipe!
- 10 whole peaches (peeled & sliced)
- ½ cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour or almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour or almond flour
- 2 teaspoons organic coconut palm sugar or raw organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- ¼ teaspoons xanthan gum
- ¼ teaspoons aluminum-free baking soda
- ¼ teaspoons REAL Sea salt
- ¼ cups organic butter or ghee
- ½ cups coconut milk (get the real stuff, not the low-fat version!) I use Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk
- ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons melted organic butter or ghee
- 2 Tablespoons organic coconut palm sugar (or raw brown sugar also ok)
For the cobbler, in a small bowl, whisk together flour mix, coconut palm sugar, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Using a pastry cutter, then your hands, cut in butter pieces until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Combine coconut milk and vanilla together then pour into the flour mixture and gently stir until just combined.
Spoon batter over peaches in the pan, leaving some areas exposed. Drizzle melted butter over exposed areas and sprinkle the entire top with the organic palm sugar or raw brown sugar.
Set pan aside for 20-30 minutes while you preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until top is browned and peaches are bubbly. Cool until just warm and serve topped with vanilla ice cream or for low-glycemic version, use coconut ice milk.
Now is the time when you are shooing your husband and the puppies out of the kitchen as then linger to smell the fresh baking cobbler and salivate with the delicious smell it creates :-)
DO share and enjoy!
Stay tuned for more recipes and more local favorites..