You've been asking for healthy snack ideas that are loaded with protein and low glycemic so this week I put together a bunch of my favorites, including travel and to-go ideas...Check it out!
Dr. Jill’s Favorite Healthy Snack Options...
- Apple slices with 2 tablespoons of almond butter or sunflower butter
- ½ cup hummus with fresh veggies (cucumber, celery, carrot, broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, etc…)
- Make your own trail mix with combination of raw nuts, seeds (pumpkin, chia, sesame, sunflower), shredded coconut, raw cocoa nibs – serving ½ cup
- Baggie of your favorite raw nuts: almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, macadamia nuts with ½ cup freeze dried berries
- ½ baked green apple with cinnamon and ¼ cup coconut milk Organic Nitrate-free Turkey (Boar’s Head or Applegate) and guacamole role ups (2 slices turkey with 2 tablespoons fresh guacamole)
- Tin or packet of wild salmon, sardines, or paté
- Sliced avocado eaten with sea salt & spoon
- 2 nori veggie wraps with shredded carrot, leafy greens, hummus & ½ avocado
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened sunflower nut butter sprinkled with cinnamon and/or raw cocoa nibs
- 1 or 2 squares TCHO 99% dark chocolate with corner dipped in organic coconut butter
- Protein “latte” = 1 serving espresso with 8 oz. of coconut/almond milk and scoop of chocolate or vanilla Thorne Vegalite powder
- Homemade kale chips with 2 tablespoons of hummus or 2 sticks of gluten-free jerky (no yeast extract, please)
- ½ cup sliced almonds and fresh berries in bowl with ½ cup of pure organic coconut milk (full fat version in can) - optional add organic cinnamon or raw cocoa powder.
- Chocolate protein smoothie – 1 scoop chocolate or vanilla Thorne Vegalite blended with ice and coconut/almond milk (optional ½ frozen banana) and 1-2 teaspoons of raw cocoa powder
- Chia cereal = 2 tablespoons chia + 1 tablespoon hemp seed mixed soaked in 4 oz of coconut milk or water. May add few drops of stevia to desired sweetness or fresh blueberries!
- To-go packets of organic nut butter or coconut butter – Easy squeeze instant snack for purse or travel. (My picks= Artisana coconut butter or sunflower nut butter packets)